Candy Cane Ingredients
– 2 oz vodka
– 1 oz peppermint schnapps
– 1 oz white creme de cacao
– Crushed candy canes (for rimming the glass)
Candy Cane Step by Step Mixing Guide
1. Prepare the glass by rimming it with crushed candy canes. To do this, take a small plate and pour a layer of crushed candy canes onto it. Take the rim of the glass and dip it into a shallow dish of water or simple syrup, then immediately dip it into the crushed candy canes, rotating the glass to ensure an even coating. Set the glass aside.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker or mixing glass with ice. The amount of ice will depend on the size of your shaker or glass, but aim to fill it about halfway.
3. Measure and pour 2 oz of vodka into the shaker or glass.
4. Measure and pour 1 oz of peppermint schnapps into the shaker or glass.
5. Measure and pour 1 oz of white creme de cacao into the shaker or glass.
6. Securely close the cocktail shaker or place a mixing glass on top of the shaker, ensuring a tight seal.
7. Holding the shaker or mixing glass firmly, shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds. This will thoroughly mix the ingredients and chill the cocktail.
8. Take the rimmed glass and strain the cocktail into it, using a strainer if necessary to catch any ice or large pieces of candy cane.
9. Optionally, garnish the cocktail with a small candy cane or a sprinkle of crushed candy canes on top.
10. Serve and enjoy your Candy Cane cocktail!
Candy Cane History
The Candy Cane cocktail is a delightful and festive drink that has become synonymous with the holiday season. Its origins can be traced back to the early 20th century, when bartenders began experimenting with different flavors and combinations to create unique and visually appealing cocktails.
The Candy Cane cocktail is believed to have been inspired by the iconic red and white striped candy canes that are often associated with Christmas. The drink captures the essence of this beloved holiday treat, combining flavors that evoke a sense of nostalgia and joy.
While the exact origins of the Candy Cane cocktail are unclear, it is thought to have gained popularity in the United States during the mid-20th century. Bartenders and mixologists sought to create a drink that would not only taste delicious but also capture the festive spirit of the holiday season.
The Candy Cane cocktail typically features a combination of sweet and minty flavors, reminiscent of the candy cane itself. The drink often incorporates ingredients such as peppermint schnapps, vodka, and cream, resulting in a creamy and refreshing concoction.
The cocktail’s presentation is equally important, as it aims to mimic the visual appeal of a candy cane. Bartenders often garnish the drink with a small candy cane or sprinkle crushed candy cane on top, adding a touch of whimsy and charm.
Over the years, the Candy Cane cocktail has become a popular choice for holiday parties and gatherings. Its vibrant colors and festive flavors make it a crowd-pleaser, appealing to both cocktail enthusiasts and those looking to indulge in a bit of holiday cheer.
In conclusion, the Candy Cane cocktail is a delightful and visually appealing drink that captures the essence of the holiday season. Its origins can be traced back to the early 20th century, and it has since become a beloved choice for festive celebrations. With its sweet and minty flavors, the Candy Cane cocktail is sure to bring joy and merriment to any holiday gathering.